About this Policy
At SAM we consider your personal data and security to be of utmost importance. So we want to be transparent with how we gather, store and use personal data as well as to outline the controls and choices you have with how you choose to share your personal data. This Policy sets out the essential details relating to your personal data relationship with SAM. The terms governing your use of the SAM are defined in our Terms and Conditions of Use (the “Terms and Conditions of Use”).
From time to time, we may develop new or offer additional services. If the introduction of these new or additional services results in any change to the way we collect or process your personal data we will provide you with more information and additional terms or policies. Unless stated otherwise when we introduce these new or additional services, they will be subject to this Policy.
We hope this helps you to understand our privacy commitments to you. For further clarification of the terms used in this Policy please visit your Account Settings and Privacy Settings on samdesk.io. If you do not agree with the content of this Policy, then please remember it is your choice whether you want to use the SAM platform.
The aim of this policy is to
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us in order to give you a great experience when you are using our product(s); and
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
How You Can Manage Your Privacy
Your Account Settings and Privacy Settings put you in control of how SAM processes your personal data, and will provide you with tools and account settings to access, correct, delete, or modify the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account. It provides you with information about what happens if you adjust your settings and how to opt out of receiving certain messages from SAM. The electronic marketing messages you may receive from SAM (e.g. those sent via email) also will also include an opt-out mechanism within the message itself (e.g. an unsubscribe link in the emails we send to you).
What We Collect and Why We Collect It
- When you sign up for SAM, we collect certain personal data so you can use our product(s), such as your name and email address. We require this information as a bare minimum to identify you and initially communicate with you.
- When you connect your social accounts to our product(s), you are doing so to perform actions as that user or to customize your account. We collect your username, avatar image and your authentication token when you connect your account.
- If you opt for credit card payments, we collect your payment information, including your credit or debit card number, card expiration date, CVV code, and billing address. We use this data to process payments; prevent, detect and investigate fraud or other prohibited activities; facilitate dispute resolution such as chargebacks or refunds; and for other purposes associated with the acceptance of credit or debit cards.
- When you use our product(s), we collect data about your usage so that we can improve the product and give you a better experience. This includes actions you take within our application and your computer's IP address. This data is used for customer support, research and development and marketing customization.
- We may collect other data that enables us to customize the SAM experience or offer additional features - from time to time SAM may request information about topics you may be interested in to help us customize our offerings. You will always be able to opt out from these features or requests and remove this data after you’ve provided it by editing it in your preferences or Privacy Settings.
- We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
How We Protect Your Data
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction
Information Sharing and Disclosure
SAM does not disclose your private personal information except in the limited circumstances described here:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of SAM, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction;
- as necessary to service providers which perform functions and provide services to us. For example, we use trusted third-parties to help provide our Services, such as customer support, payment and analytics to help us understand and improve our Services.
SAM uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Web site(s).
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted. For example, Amazon Web Services.
Data Retention and Deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with access to our product(s) and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of our product(s), making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes.
If you request, we will delete or anonymise your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute;
- Where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
Your Privacy Responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log out of the SAM website and/or our product(s) when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Information Collected from Children
You must be at least 13 years old to use SAM‘s Web site(s) and service(s). SAM does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
Questions or Comments?